Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Welcome

Welcome to my world! Scarry thought. First, why Casual to Captive? Because George Barna identified seven faith tribes in the US. The largest tribe is Casual Christians making up about 2/3 of the adults in the US. These 150 million adults claim Jesus but their thinking and lifestyle does not verify the label. About 16% of US adults are identified by Barna Research as Captive Christians. These folks are sold out for Jesus. They may not all believe the same doctrine, but they agree on one thing-Jesus is Lord. So this blog is dedicated to moving folks from the casual tribe to the captive tribe.

So what will you find here? Since this is my blog and pertains to my life you will see a variety of things addressed. These pertain to the hats I wear: Central Church of Christ ministry, Sarasota County Fire Dept. chaplaincy, mission wortk in Haiti, and BAANK (Believers Against Abuse and Neglect of Kids), as well as my family. Some will be news and some will be "preaching"(i.e. sharing what Jesus is teaching me).

So what does my hats have to do with moving folks from casuals to captives? The only way I know to talk about this is in the context of my life. In essence you will be seeing me "work it out" as I go through life, or what is left of it. You will get my summaries, struggles, encouragements, invitations, announcements, and insights. I hope you do respond. I hope to post a couple of times per week, and link through Central's website (www.centralsarasota.org) and Baank's website (www.baankcentral.com).

So here we go. My introduction to Casual to Captive comes Sunday at Central. Jesus is Lord! Rod

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere. Looking forward to your writings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to witness to this lady today and she just didn't get it. I think the Lord is getting her to a point of desparation. My prayer she will listen. Her name is Jeanne, please pray for her & me and we forward to see what God has for us. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete